The Terence Bay Lighthouse was built in 1903 (station established 1885). Active; focal plane 14.5 m (48 ft); continuous red light. 8 m (26 ft) square pyramidal wood tower with gallery, painted white with red trim. The lantern was removed in 1980.
We love our Light!
DFO & Coast Guard have completed the renovations to the structure. We are thrilled with this, but want all to know that the community group still does not have ownership and the access issues remain unresolved. Please sign our petition to show your support for our efforts to gain community ownership and secure public access!
Join us for LIGHTHOUSE DAY! Held annually, the Sunday after Labour Day in September from 1-3 pm. We serve refreshments at the end of Sandy Cove Road on the front part of the access path.
UPDATE for 2020: Lighthouse Day will be virtual this year. Please go to our Facebook page for details.
Keep up with the latest on our Facebook page by clicking the link at the bottom of this page.